Children’s Ministry Director
Covenant Presbyterian Church (CPC) is a vibrant, mission-orientated community with a mission to connect people to Jesus in this hectic world.
Purpose: CPC has recently completed a Congregation Assessment Tool which identified that outreach to families with children is a major priority. Therefore, CPC is seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic, and hardworking individual for the position of Children’s Ministry Director to help with this priority.
Duties and Responsibilities: The primary duties and responsibilities of the Children’s Ministry Director include:
- Design, develop, direct, and implement an outreach program for families with children.
- Coordinate development/revision and selection of Sunday school curriculum and programs for children.
- Be actively present on Sunday mornings.
- Ensure the church follows up with visitors who have children.
- Coordinates and assists the Vacation Bible Study (VBS) Program.
- Ensures the church is in compliance with the Child Protection Policy.
- Other assigned duties.
Relationships and Accountability: The Children’s Ministry Director is employed by, and accountable to, the Session of Covenant Presbyterian Church, under the direct supervision of the Heads of Staff.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a part-time position (20-25 hours/week)
- The salary is $18/hour.
- Three weeks of paid vacation.
- A background check is required.
To Apply: Please electronically submit the application found at the below link, along with a cover letter and resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org; or send the documents to Covenant Presbyterian Church, 12700 Black Forest Lane, Suite 204, Woodbridge, VA 22192.